Feeling tired of emotional roller coaster and frustrated with oneself after the emotional storm is over is part of life with personality disorders. Inability to control own words and actions even when one part already regrets what is being said and done. Change of moods can be so rapid that leaves one confused about the self and identity. All these experiences can make one feel angry or wanting to withdraw.
General Symptoms of personality disorder according to DSMV:
- Impairment in self-identity, self-direction, personality and interpersonal functioning, including empathy or intimacy.
- One or more pathological personality trait that is consistent across time and situations and cannot be accounted for by normal stage of development or socio-cultural environment.
- It is also not due to the direct physiological effect of a substance, medication or general medical condition.
More thorough examination by a psychiatrist is necessary to establish type of the personality disorder.
We tailor treatment plans and therapy for personality disorders to the following:
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Please leave your comments here.