At Psytherapy Private Clinic we offer variety of Psychological & Psychiatric Assessments.
Feeling tired of emotional roller coaster and frustrated with oneself after emotional storm is over is part of life with personality disorders. Inability to control own words and actions even when one part already regrets what is being said and done. Change of moods can be so rapid that leaves one confused about the self and identity. All these experiences can make one feel angry or wanting to withdraw.
We would like to hear more about experience of living with personality disorder and coping with it, please leave your comments here.
General Symptoms of personality disorder according to DSMV:
- Impairment in self-identity, self-direction, personality and interpersonal functioning, including empathy or intimacy.
- One or more pathological personality trait that is consistent across time and situations and cannot be accounted for by normal stage of development or socio-cultural environment.
- It is also not due to the direct physiological effect of a substance, medication or general medical condition.
More thorough examination by a psychiatrist is necessary to establish type of the personality disorder.
We tailor treatment plans to the following:
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder
- Schizotypal Personality Disorder
Consultation with PD specialist - £90 A consultation with senior psychotherapist- £120 Psychiatric consultation - £300